Monday, June 20, 2011

I Spy with My Little Eye...a Fabric Swap!

A few weeks ago, I joined my first I Spy fabric swap, hosted by Carla at Lollyquiltz.  The idea behind the swap was to mail in 20 five inch squares (also known as charm squares) of a unique novelty fabric, and I would receive charm squares in 20 different prints in return.  The only restrictions were that the fabric needed to be good quality cotton and licensed fabrics were not allowed.

This is the fabric I chose to send as my contribution to the swap...


Cowboys of course!  Yeehaw!  I dutifully cut out my 20 charm squares and dropped them in the mail ASAP.  I was so eager to see what I would receive in return...I was not disappointed!  Less than one week later, I received these in my mailbox...




So many cute fabrics!  I think the gorillas may be my favorite, although the dogs in colorful sweaters make me smile too!  With 42 participants and 2460 squares of fabric (some sent in multiple sets), I can't even imagine how difficult it must have been to organize this swap.  I really appreciate being able to participate. When I add these 20 squares to the novelty fabric that I already have, it makes quite a nice little stash for a future I Spy quilt.  I can't wait for the next swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment