Monday, June 13, 2011

Handprint Keepsake

In May 2009 I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a mom.  My daughter Bailey was 10 months old and I wanted to make a special gift for her Nana, Grandma, and Great-Grandma GeeGee (and myself).  I needed a handprint for her baby book, so I decided to make a few extra copies to frame as gifts.  Trying to get a 10 month old baby's hand inked up and put onto cardstock without smearing the handprint is nearly impossible, but somehow I managed to get four prints that looked pretty great.  When framed, they made great little Mother's Day gifts.


This week, I learned that the only thing harder than getting a handprint from my baby girl is getting one from a squirmy 10 month old baby boy!  It was like trying to wrestle an octopus!  Luckily, I only needed one print for this project and that's exactly what I ended up with.

This time around, I paired each handprint with a photo and placed them in white mattes...


I framed them using black frames from Wal-Mart and now I have a keepsake that I will always treasure...
 

I love them!  Now I just need to find the perfect place to hang them.

No comments:

Post a Comment