adapted from Allrecipes
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (half white, half wheat flour is a good alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sour milk (1/2 tsp lemon juice + milk to equal 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional add-ins: 1/4 ground flax seed, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan or Bundt pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, bananas, eggs, flour, baking soda, milk, salt, vanilla extract, and any optional add-ins in a large mixing bowl; beat well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.