Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Quilt for My Baby Boy


When I found out in March 2010 that I was pregnant with a baby boy, I immediately started shopping for "boyish" fabric to make a quilt for him.  When I discovered this great blue puppy print fabric at my local Hancock Fabrics I knew it would be perfect!  I hit the jackpot by finding a coordinating paw print fabric and fat quarters of a tiny polka dot print in just the right shade of blue.  It's like these fabrics were made for each other!


The quilt top is machine pieced using a Disappearing 9-patch design.  It is backed with the paw print fabric and quilted with straight lines in a grid pattern to accent the piecing.  The chocolate brown binding is hand stitched on the back.


I'm not 100% sold on the brown binding.  It does match the brown puppies in the print, but it just doesn't look right to me.  Maybe one of these days I'll rip it out and replace it with something blue, but for now I'll let it be.


Oh, did I mention that Jake is 10 months old now and I only just finished this quilt this past weekend?  Um, yeah.  I guess it'll make a great gift for his 1st birthday that is right around the corner!

3 comments:

  1. Thats a beautiful baby quilt... well done.. and I think the brown looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby quilt. I LOVE quilting. Haven't had a lot of time to do so lately. Perhaps I'll have some of my quilts posted to share before long. Love your baby quilt! Thanks for sharing at For the Kids Friday! Hope to have you back to link up at this week's party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I get pattern?

    ReplyDelete