Monday, May 9, 2011

Bulletin Board Update

This is my sewing space...

It's a mess and could really use some organization and personality.  Over the next few weeks I hope to give this area a little extra TLC.  I have lofty ambitions for a shiny new (hopefully sturdier) sewing table, clear bins for fabric that I can organize by color, and a shelf with a rod underneath for ribbon storage.  And maybe even a few cute decorations on the walls.  But for right now I'll settle for a a new bulletin board for the wall behind the sewing machine.  I am a notorious note-taker and list-maker, so I need a place to organize all of my random post-its, coupons, and any other very important miscellaneous stuff that needs a home, like my pug puppet.  Do I need a pug puppet?  Probably not, but it's one of my favorite things I've ever made and it makes me smile.  :)

Now on to the crafting!  I started out with this plain old bulletin board that I purchased from Target for around $10.  Boring!


I gave it two coats of aqua spray paint that I had leftover from a previous project.  The I used my handy dandy hot glue gun to attach a piece of cute pink fabric to the cork board.


Much better indeed!  Bright and cheery to match the rest of the room, my kids' playroom.  I think pug puppet likes his new home! 


Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go make a few more lists to add to my new bulletin board.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Your bulletin board is a personal touch that really brings the space alive!

    ReplyDelete