Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just One Star

When I read this post over at The Happy Zombie, I knew I wanted to be involved in the Just One Star program.  The idea behind Just One Star was for a quilter to make exactly that...just one star...and drop it in the mail to Moda Fabrics.  From there, the fabulous people at Moda would trim your star block and include it in one of 100 quilts being assembled and donated to wounded soldiers as part of the Quilts of Valor Under Our Wings program.

This was my block...

I had enough fabric to make two red star blocks.  Both are signed with my name and state where I live.  I feel good knowing that some of my work will be included in a quilt that will bring comfort to one of America's heroes.

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment