Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Star-Spangled Quilt

The photo featured in my last post was actually a block from a quilt that was made by my grandmother, GeeGee.  From time to time I'll share some of her creations with you.  When GeeGee makes a quilt, she does every single step completely by hand...no rotary cutters or fancy rulers, no sewing machine, no walking foot.  She uses the most basic tools...fabric, scissors, a needle, thread, a thimble, a quilt hoop, and the power of her own two hands, to create the most beautiful quilts.


I love nothing more than to call her up and talk quilts with her.


I received this red, white, and blue star quilt a few years ago as a Christmas gift from GeeGee.  It is one of my most treasured possessions.  I love the pattern, I love the color scheme, and I love knowing that she most likely stitched it while watching a Texas Rangers game (or maybe the Dallas Cowboys).


Love you GeeGee!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment