Thursday, July 28, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Well, I have returned to the Lone Star State.  My trip to upstate NY was a success!  I had such a great time visiting my friend Robyn, meeting her family, and seeing all of the places that so far I've only known in pictures.  I ate the best fish sandwich of my life at Rudy's Lakeside Drive-in in Oswego.  Not only was the food delicious, the view of Lake Ontario was amazing. 


The Adirondack Mountains were beautiful.  We spent an afternoon shopping in Old Forge.  On my next trip, I would love to ride this train through the mountains...


I think the best part of the trip may have been this...


That's right folks...66 degrees.  A wee bit cooler than the 106 degrees that was waiting for me back home in Dallas.  I loved every minute of it.


The trip home had a few bumps along the way, including two broken airplanes and a pair of over-worked pilots, but I did eventually make it back to Texas safe and sound.  The bear poop candy that I brought back as a souvenir for my husband gave the TSA agent who searched my luggage quite a chuckle.  The flying was every bit as terrifying as I thought it would be, but I survived...and I would do it again if it meant I got to hang out with this chick again.  Thanks for a great vacation Robyn!  I miss you already!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment