Thursday, October 27, 2011

Silly Slime


 Slime, goo, flubber...whatever you call it, this stuff is just plain fun!  As soon as I saw this post over at The Picky Apple, I knew Bailey would love to make some slime.  Boy did she ever!  In the past month we've made three batches for her...yellow, pink, and green.  She can't get enough of the stuff! 

 

All you need to make your own slime is glue, Borax, water, and food coloring.  Borax can be found in the laundry aisle of just about any grocery store.  Dissolve a few tablespoons of Borax in a small cup of water.  Pour the glue into a bowl and thin with a bit of water.  Add your food coloring to the glue and mix well.  Now it's time to make the slime!  Add in a bit of the Borax mixture and stir with a spoon.  The glue mixture will immediately turn into a gooey blob.  I continue to add in the Borax mixture until all of my glue is "blobby."  You can always pour off the excess water after you're finished mixing.


At this point I give the blob to Bailey and as she plays with it, it begins to dry out and gets oozy and stretchy.  When she's finished playing with the slime, I put it in a Ziploc baggie and save it for another day.  It seems to keep indefinitely.
 

When I asked Bailey what kind of treat she wanted to take to her Halloween party at preschool, she immediately said "Slime!"  So this morning I mixed up a big batch of orange slime for her to share with her friends at school.  I packaged the slime in small 1/2 cup plastic containers and added some stick-on googly eyes.  I hope her classmates enjoy the Silly Slime as much as she does!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! I love that you made slime for Bailey's preschool class. So much better than loads of sugar, and I bet they all had a great time playing with it. The google eyes on the containers are adorable, too! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog! slime

    ReplyDelete